January 17, 2012

Go Natural: My First Race of 2012

The last Go Natural 2012 Race had been a success. A large amount of runners participated and were treated to a wonderful race, the runrio way. This is obviously a good start for the runrio organization. The bonifacio global city was filled to the streets as runners started from the bgc center heading out to south super highway via kalayaan flyover and buendia avenue before getting back to bgc.

After my pre-race 15mins warm-up run, I head to the starting area and found myself in the company of running friends. The jazzrunner was there, the running shield and the team of jrunning too (good to see you there folks). After a short talk and stretching routine we were flagged off just in time. My start was a little too fast from my easy pace and I found out that I was up-tempo moments after. Sustaining this pace until the finish line, I finished the race remarkably, thanks to the fine weather too. It even drizzled as I changed to my street wear after the race.
click on the photo for a bigger view

I had observed too that many celebrities are pushing their performances on top. Carl Guevara who finished just a shade under the top ten in the 21km event was a revelation. I attempted to run behind him but he's just too fast. I didn't know that he's into running nowadays because he hardly hit the treadmill during our work-out sessions at a qc gym years before. Runningwise, Piolo will have a hard time to match with him in this distance (just my observation). Rovilson Fernandez ran a fast one too, and so was Drew Arellano. But he's no stranger to racing anymore, this guy is a certified triathlete, and a classy one.

Sorry, but there were no post race pictures after the race as I immediately head home for some family matters. Updated race results can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment