Finally, one of the most-popular running series, Run United is going for a full marathon, as it added 42km to its race categories. And the running community is giving the new 'mary' in town its full support.
There are marathons, then there's the Run United Philippine Marathon (RUPM). Everyone is excited to participate in newest addition to the country's running calendar that will go on a debut run on October 28.
RUPM, besides being the first marathon jointly organized by ULAH & RunRio, is set to create milestones for participants.
Runners will surely get a memorable start and finish at Run United Philippine Marathon--complete with red carpet, marching bands, exclusive finish arc, colorful balloons, video/photo shots, and the other surprises.
"We want to make sure that participants will not only remember how well organized our events are, we want their participation in our events memorable too by providing them the best race experience possible," said Panlilio.
According to Panlilio, "We cater to all types of runners, including progressive and elite runners. RUPM is our way of helping them level up to more challenging distances."
RUPM will also be high on nationalistic touches to celebrate Filipino sportsmanship. Philippine miniature flags will be given to all participants crossing the finish line. The design of the limited edition race singlet also depicts Filipino pride.
There will be separate categories for Filipino and foreign winners, to give credit or recognition to more runners.
The Unilab Active Health Village will also be part of the Run United Philippine Marathon experience. It will be classified in four categories: Active Kids Zone, Health, Sports, & Leisure, Runners’ Lounge and iConnect.
RUPM will also feature short and medium distance categories— the Ceelin 500m dash, Hydrite 3k, Dolfenal 5k, Enervon HP Recovery 10k, Alaxan FR 21k with the highlight, Enervon Activ 42k.
All categories except for 42k and 21k will have start and finishline at the SM Mall of Asia while 42k and 21k will start at Bonifacio Global City and finish at SM Mall of Asia.
42K runners will get to run in three cities: Taguig, Makati and Pasay
Online registration is already closed.
In-store registration is until October 26, 2012 at the following outlets:
- Riovana BGC – 28th St. cor. 9th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
- Riovana Katipunan – 3rd floor Regis Bldg. Katipunan, Quezon City.
- Toby's SM Mall of Asia – Ground Floor Entertainment Hall
- Toby's Trinoma
Registration fees are as follows:
- 500m – P350
- 3K – P600
- 5K – P700
- 10K – P800
- 21K – P900
- 42K – P1,300
The race kit will contain the following: limited edition RUPM singlet, bib number, and wrist tags for 500m dash participants and will be available upon registration.
RUPM is part of the ULAH running series. Run United started with only 6,000 runners when it was launched in March 2010 and the numbers have steadily grown in succeeding events. An estimated 12,000 runners participated during its previous race—at Run United 3.
Run United 1 on March 4 started off this year’s RunRio Trilogy, followed by Run United 2 on June 17. Besides the run races, Unilab Active Health also has a triathlon series, the third leg, Tri United 3, will be held on November 11 at Ayala, Alabang.
For further information or inquiries on race details, results, photos and discussions, please visit the following websites: www.unilabactivehealth.com or www.runrio.com.
The highlight of the event is the huge medal, that will serve as a base plate of the previously earned three-piece medals from the RU series. Of course there are the loot bags and finisher shirts that will be given away to every finisher after he crosses the finish line. But the organizers added some wonders to the event during race day.
- 990+ Security personnel scattered along the course from BGC to MOA.
- Hydration stations spanning every 1.5 to 2 kilometers.
- Red-carpet finish line for the 42K runners.
- Miniature Philippine flags will be given to runners before crossing the finish line.
- Cowbells to boost you up as you sprint your last breath towards the finish line.
- Free massage, day care center and iconnect wi-fi station at the Unilab Active Health Village.
Here are some reminders that should be strictly enforced for our own safety and for much more organized and happier event:
- Please come on-time. Fifteen (15) minutes after the gun-time, late participants will no longer be allowed to run. Whether you have prepared for this race or not, getting at the starting line (not just getting to the finish line) before the gun-time should be one of your primary target.
- Don't minimize the trash, but completely eliminate littering. 6-meters long of trash bins are located at each hydration stations, so please be sure to shoot those cups, banana peels, and empty energy packs.
- No bandits! Non-registered pacer even if you have your own nutrition/hydration system are also not allowed along the course, and much more to the finish line.
- Hoarding? Races are not there as a venue to collect finisher's loots, hydrations, nor medals. Each registered runner is allotted only with one finisher's shirt, one post-hydration powerade/water, and one medal. There is also only one finish line for each category, that means each runner must cross the finish line only once, and claim a finisher's medal only once. Please do not hoard, be considerate to other runners who have also participated and have not yet claimed their own.
- Do not cause bottle-necking at and near the finish line. Even you wanted to cross the finish line without anyone blocking your way. So please "do unto others what you want others do unto you."
And finally, 2 lanes including the service road will be provided for the runners as we traverse the stretch of C5 Road from Market Market to Bayani Road. Only one lane will be allowed to motorists that is separated by an extra lane for Runrio's equipment that will be deployed.
See you at the staring line. Good luck and have fun!
From the Press Release of Unilab Active Health